Over the weekend I made a word finding website as a react app.
It's still got problems including, but not limited to:
- it searches really slowly after 8 or 9 characters
- sorting is slower than frozen molasses
- I haven't done any accessibility testing on it
- the design is as motivating as a bucket of beige paint
- the dictionary in use is pretty bad*
*can't really complain about it much though given that it was free and in public domain
Unlike many of my other personal projects, I've actually released this one.
In particular my goal with this project was to build a minimum viable word-finder and launch it in the span of a day. In that regard, the project was a great success and I'm quite happy with how it's turned out. In particular the live-updating actually works pretty well for my use case.